We work closely with our anchor investor Bow Capital, Vivek Ranadive’s later stage fund. Soma invests seed, and Bow invests Series A to growth stage
Meet the Team
- Board member of Sacramento Kings NBA team
- Founder of Tag, location sharing app backed by Facebook Cofounder Eduardo Saverin and Tim Draper. Acquired by Mark Cuban in 2015
- Head of Product at Nielsen Media Sync in San Francisco
- Co-founder of GlanceGuide, video analytics company sold to Nielsen
- Founder of BoredAt, anonymous social network backed by Redpoint Ventures
- Investment Banking Analyst at Bank of America
- B.S. in Mathematics at Columbia University
Bob has an entrepreneurial background and was the head of strategy for Verizon’s go90 mobile television app from initial product idea creation to product launch. He joined go90 by way of Verizon’s acquisition of Intel Media, a startup backed by Intel to develop and launch OnCue, a next-generation television service, where he worked on product strategy, go-to-market planning, operations, and M&A.
Prior to that, Bob was on eBay’s global corporate strategy team, where he worked with eBay’s president on strategic projects such as multi-year company strategic and operational planning, new market entry strategy, and competitive strategy. He has also been a technical product manager at Amazon.com, where he led engineering and design teams to develop a new UX and UI for Amazon’s books and Kindle eBooks businesses.
Bob earned an MBA from Stanford University and an MPA from Harvard University. He graduated with honors from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania with a BSc in Economics.
- Senior Founding Engineering Lead at Renew.com building software to assist seniors in their transition to Retirement
- Engineering Consultant for Starbucks rebuilding their E-commerce store in late 2016
- Early iOS Developer at Shimmur a social influencers engagement platform
- Cofounder of Tag, location sharing app backed by Facebook Cofounder Eduardo Saverin and Tim Draper. Acquired by Mark Cuban in 2015
- B.S. in Computer Science from Rutgers New Brunswick
- 25 years of operational experience in fintech, SaaS, e-commerce, retail and online gaming
- Former COO of Tibco
- Helped scale Tibco to over $1bn in annual revenue
- 100m monthly users, $100m in revenue, expected to IPO in 1-2 yrs
- Part of first ever Y Combinator class, one of the most successful YC companies
- Founder of Constellation, a smart, on-demand growth service for modern businesses. at the intersection of growth, people and processes
- Early investor in Hawthorne, Maude
- Founder of Vive, a subscription-based beauty services booking platform backed by YCombinator, Maveron, and others
- Fixed Income Research Analyst (VP) at Barclays Capital
- BSE in Operations Research at Princeton University
Our Partnership with Bow Capital
- Owner of the Sacramento Kings NBA Basketball team
- Developing $2bn in projects in downtown Sacramento including a new arena that has won various awards as the most high tech arena in the world
- Founder of Tibco software. Grew to over $1bn in revenue powering 80% of Fortune 500 co's and sold to Vista for $4.3bn
- Tibco provides big data, analytics and event processing and originally digitized Wallstreet
- Published multiple NYC best selling books
- Early stage investor and advisor to Google, Ebay, Salesforce and Yahoo
- Master in Electrical Engineering at MIT and Harvard business school
- Pivotal in scaling two of the most important technology companies over the last two decades
- COO of Flurry where he led the company to a successful acquisition for over $200m to Yahoo
- VP of Sales and operations at Facebook. Helped scale sales and operations teams and grew revenue from $250m to over $10bn
- Director of Online Sales and Operations at Google. Ran Googles' NA AdWords sales and operations (responsible for over 50% of North America revenue)
- VP Sales at DoubleClick, helped with sale to Google
- University of Michigan and Harvard Business School
- 5+ years of investing experience at Khosla Ventures and Bessemer Venture Partners
- Board observer at Mindbody, Pinterest, Raise, among others
- Studied consumer businesses and marketplaces in detail, investing in sectors ranging from real estate and financial services to food and SMB SaaS
- Rafi brings a deep understanding of customer acquisition and growth to his investing activities from his time as a product-oriented operator, and focuses on helping his portfolio companies develop profitable, scalable, differentiated growth plans
- BS in Economics and Computer Science from UC Berkeley
Prior to Bow Capital, Suraj was an early employee at Looker (analytics platform) where he ran West Coast Sales Engineering. Suraj also worked at TIBCO Software in a variety of roles, including the creation of TIBCO Engage, a marketing automation product focused on real-time, analytics-driven, customer engagement management. He started his career at Wells Fargo.
Suraj lives in San Francisco and graduated from the University of California, Berkeley.
Christina graduated with Honors from the University of Chicago with a BA in Sociology. At UChicago, she co-founded and ran her own nonprofit organization, BridgeMe Youth, dedicated to helping alleviate rates of sudden infant death syndrome on the South Side of Chicago.
Jamie lives in Oakland and graduated from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Before all this, Michelle studied kinesiology at USC and biomedical imaging at UCSF, and brings a love of biotech, life sciences, and disruptive health care.
Bow Capital Advisors
CEO - Micron Technologies
Multiple Time NBA Champion