- Sacramento Kings NBA Ownership
- Founder of Tag, location sharing app backed by Facebook Cofounder Eduardo Saverin and Tim Draper. Acquired by Mark Cuban in 2015
- Head of Product at Nielsen Media Sync in San Francisco
- Co-founder of GlanceGuide, video analytics company sold to Nielsen
- Founder of BoredAt, anonymous social network backed by Redpoint Ventures
- Investment Banking Analyst at Bank of America
- B.S. in Mathematics at Columbia University
Led diligence on new deals and worked closely with portfolio companies (iCIMS, IAS and Gather / Tripleseat); closed 4 platform deals and 9 add-on acquisitions during ~4 year tenure
Global Strategy and M&A Financial Analyst at AIG (global insurance company): Completed divestiture of Advisor Group (large broker-dealer network) to Lightyear Capital
Investment Banking Summer Analyst at Wells Fargo (NYC)
BS with Distinction from Yale University (2015): Economics and Psychology Double Major
- Before ICONIQ, Mir worked at Altman Vilandrie – a TMT-focused management consulting firm where he worked on 15+ commercial due diligences for megafund buyout deals, primarily focused on B2B SaaS, cloud infrastructure and consumer media.
- Mir has co-founded a non-profit EdTech startup – a platform connecting high school students from developing countries with college students / recently graduated mentors for dedicated guidance.
- Mir graduated with a B.A. in Mathematics from Dartmouth College, where he was a research assistant for multiple professors at the Tuck School of Business. Outside of academics, he was an involved member of the club swimming team, his fraternity, and senior society.
- Senior Founding Engineering Lead at Renew.com building software to assist seniors in their transition to Retirement
- Engineering Consultant for Starbucks rebuilding their E-commerce store in late 2016
- Early iOS Developer at Shimmur a social influencers engagement platform
- Cofounder of Tag, location sharing app backed by Facebook Cofounder Eduardo Saverin and Tim Draper. Acquired by Mark Cuban in 2015
- B.S. in Computer Science from Rutgers New Brunswick
- Early stage investor at Impact Venture Capital leading investments and portfolio management in both the US and abroad
- Project lead for research and development at Genentech for Influenza an Oncology research. Co-developed new strains of the influenza vaccine and the G36 molecule to help treat age-related diseases.
- Project Manager for Tylenol and other OTC drug research and development at Johnson&Johnson. Re-engineered Tylenol in 2014 to what is in market today.
- Background in Biochemistry, Data Science and Bioinformatics. MBA at University of the Pacific.
⁃ Software engineer at DoNotPay, Duo Security, Spacemaker.ai
⁃ Founded http://intern.club, the largest community of interns in the US
⁃ B.S. in Computer Science from University of Michigan, Dean’s List
Advisors and Investors
Our advisors and investors who are actively helping portfolio companies with things like strategy, customer acquisition, hiring and fundraising
- Former COO of Hortonworks
- Former COO of Tibco
- Helped scale Tibco to over $1bn in annual revenue
- Seed investor in Brex, Zenefits, Alto, Homechef, Huckleberry, etc.
- 100m monthly users, $100m in revenue, expected to IPO in 1-2 yrs
- Part of first ever Y Combinator class, one of the most successful YC companies
- Co-Founder of Crashlytics. ~5 billion devices monthly actives. ~6 trillion events monthly. Installed in millions of apps. Acquired by Twitter.
- Launched Answers, a mobile analytics tool with the Crashlytics team. In 10 months, Answers beat Google Analytics to take #1 spot in mobile analytics. Shortly after, Google acquired Crashlytics and Answers from Twitter. Now the default on Android.
At Twitter, held different roles such as Director of Product Marketing, Director of Product Strategy.
- Personal context: college dropout. ~10 years later, gave commencement speech and received honorary PhD. Got lucky with film industry and somehow won an Emmy.
- Co-Founder and Executive Director, Commercial Spaceflight Federation
- Director of Rocket Flight Operations, X Prize Foundation
- Purdue, Stanford Aerospace Engineering
Prior to starting Honeylove, Betsie built a career as a well known artist and vocalist in the EDM space. During this time she released several albums, toured the world numerous times and released vocal tracks with some of the top EDM artists (Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Gabriel & Dresden, etc). She took a personal need for stage-worthy shapewear, and turned it into a solution that’s now serving women everywhere.
- Built the first self-driving truck to drive across the U.S.
- Backed by YCombinator and Sequoia
- Thiel Fellow, and Forbes 30 Under 30
Before founding Lambda School, Austen was the co-founder of media platform GrassWire. He co-authored the growth hacking textbook Secret Sauce, which became a best-seller and provided him the personal seed money to build Lambda.
Austen’s disruptive ideas on the future of education, the labor market disconnect, and the opportunity of providing opportunity at-scale have been featured in: The Harvard Business Review, The Economist, WIRED, Fast Company, TechCrunch, The New York Times, among others. Austen is fluent in Russian and currently lives in San Francisco with his wife and two kids. You can find him on Twitter @Austen.
- 25 years of operational experience in fintech, SaaS, e-commerce, retail and online gaming
- Led the mobile safety engineering team at Uber
- Spearheaded special projects for the Senior Director of Safety of Uber
- Founded an ad network that sold into some of the most popular sites on the internet
- Judge at the Los Angeles County Science Fair
- 2 time winner of the California State Science Fair
Our Partnership with Bow Capital
We work closely with our anchor investor Bow Capital, Vivek Ranadive’s later stage fund. Soma invests seed, and Bow invests Series A to growth stage
- Owner of the Sacramento Kings NBA Basketball team
- Developing $2bn in projects in downtown Sacramento including a new arena that has won various awards as the most high tech arena in the world
- Founder of Tibco software. Grew to over $1bn in revenue powering 80% of Fortune 500 co's and sold to Vista for $4.3bn
- Tibco provides big data, analytics and event processing and originally digitized Wallstreet
- Published multiple NYC best selling books
- Early stage investor and advisor to Google, Ebay, Salesforce and Yahoo
- Master in Electrical Engineering at MIT and Harvard business school
- Pivotal in scaling two of the most important technology companies over the last two decades
- COO of Flurry where he led the company to a successful acquisition for over $200m to Yahoo
- VP of Sales and operations at Facebook. Helped scale sales and operations teams and grew revenue from $250m to over $10bn
- Director of Online Sales and Operations at Google. Ran Googles' NA AdWords sales and operations (responsible for over 50% of North America revenue)
- VP Sales at DoubleClick, helped with sale to Google
- University of Michigan and Harvard Business School
- 5+ years of investing experience at Khosla Ventures and Bessemer Venture Partners
- Board observer at Mindbody, Pinterest, Raise, among others
- Studied consumer businesses and marketplaces in detail, investing in sectors ranging from real estate and financial services to food and SMB SaaS
- Rafi brings a deep understanding of customer acquisition and growth to his investing activities from his time as a product-oriented operator, and focuses on helping his portfolio companies develop profitable, scalable, differentiated growth plans
- BS in Economics and Computer Science from UC Berkeley
Prior to Bow Capital, Suraj was an early employee at Looker (analytics platform) where he ran West Coast Sales Engineering. Suraj also worked at TIBCO Software in a variety of roles, including the creation of TIBCO Engage, a marketing automation product focused on real-time, analytics-driven, customer engagement management. He started his career at Wells Fargo.
Suraj lives in San Francisco and graduated from the University of California, Berkeley.
Christina graduated with Honors from the University of Chicago with a BA in Sociology. At UChicago, she co-founded and ran her own nonprofit organization, BridgeMe Youth, dedicated to helping alleviate rates of sudden infant death syndrome on the South Side of Chicago.
Daven graduated from UC Berkeley.
Bow Capital Advisors
CEO - Micron Technologies
Multiple Time NBA Champion